County Property Tax Payments Due Monday | News, Sports, Jobs
Monday is the deadline for the first installment of property tax payments for the 2022-23 fiscal year, the county announced.
Tax invoices have been mailed to all owners or agents who service the accounts. Property owners who have not received a property tax bill should contact the Ministry of Finance immediately. Failure to receive a tax account will not prevent penalties and/or interest charges due to late payment.
Taxpayers who do not pay the first installment by Monday will be assessed a 10% penalty and 1% interest on the outstanding balance, assessed monthly, until paid.
Payment options include:
• Online at mauicounty.gov/rptpayments, which includes a convenience fee.
• By phone at (844) 471-7326, which includes a convenience fee.
• By mail to County of Maui, Real Property Tax Collections, PO Box 29760, Honolulu, HI 96820-2160.
• In person at the Maui County Service Center, Department of Finance Treasury Payment Center, 110 Alaihi St., Suite 108, Kahului, HI 96732. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed holidays.
• Wire Transfer. Call (808) 270-7697 for instructions.
• Drop boxes. Cash will not be accepted. Payment must be in a sealed envelope. A canceled check serves as a payment receipt. Drop boxes are located at the main entrance of the Maui County Service Center in Kahului and at the main entrance of the Kalana O Maui building at 200 S. High St. in Wailuku.
For more information, visit mauipropertytax.com or call (808) 270-7697 on Maui; (800) 272-0125, ext. 7697 on Lanai; or (800) 272-0117 ext. 7697 on Molokai.