Maui property tax payment deadline is August 22
August 16, 2022, 3:09 PM HST
* Updated August 16, 3:13 p.m.
The deadline for the first installment of Maui County property tax payments for the 2022-2023 fiscal year is Monday, August 22, 2022.
Tax invoices have been mailed to all owners or agents who service the accounts.
Property owners who have not received a property tax bill should contact the Maui County Department of Finance immediately. Failure to receive a tax bill will not prevent the imposition of penalties and/or interest charges due to late payment.
Real estate taxpayers who do not pay the first installment due by August 22, 2022 will be assessed a 10% penalty and 1% interest on the outstanding balance, assessed monthly, until paid.
For more information, visit: www.mauipropertytax.com or call 1-808-270-7697 in Maui; Lānaʻi residents can call toll-free 1-800-272-0125, ext. 7697; Molokaʻi residents can call toll-free 1-800-272-0117, ext. 7697.
- Pay online: www.mauicounty.gov/rptpayments
- Or by phone: 1 (844) 471-7326.
(Both options will incur a convenience fee)
- Payment by mail: County of Maui, Real Property Tax Collections, PO Box 29760, Honolulu, HI 96820-2160
- In-Person Payment: County of Maui Service Center, Department of Finance-Treasury Payment Center, 110 ‘Ala’ihi Street, Suite 108, Kahului, HI 96732 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed holidays)
- By wire transfer: call 808-270-7697 for instructions
- Drop boxes: NO CASH PLEASE. Payment must be in a sealed envelope. A canceled check serves as a payment receipt. Drop boxes are located at the main entrance of the Maui County Service Center in Kahului and at the main entrance of the Kalana O Maui Building at 200 South High St. in Wailuku.